Fright or Flight

Beep...Burr!!!
Beep...Burrr!!

The alarm rang multiple times and I woke up with a start! It was the day I had to leave for China to attend the ASES Summit in Hangzhou; this was really exciting and I was going alone which was slightly scary!

After I got my visa with an inevitable, last-minute hustle I headed towards KIA with my family. We arrived at the airport and as much as I wanted to board that flight and explore the independence and the thrill of traveling, my arms wrapped around my parents seem to sing a different song!

Stifling all my doubts and bidding an emotional goodbye, I took my first step towards my solo, international stride and it was only the beginning to a roller-coaster two weeks of my life!

I took a flight to Kolkata and I had to then board an early morning flight to Kunming, China on the 4th of June 2017.

After I reached the Kolkata airport, I heaved a sigh of relief and my mind was then flooded with various other baffling questions, Am I on time? Will I find the right counter? Will I board the right flight? Should I call my parents? Do I have all my luggage, my documents?  These are certain innocuous questions which overwhelm a solo traveler and though they seem silly now, at that moment an answer to any of these deserved a Fields medal!

I managed to get to the counter where there was a mix of Chinese travelers and a few Indian businessmen but when I looked at the counter it didn't have the name of the airlines! Once I enquired and assured myself that the airlines would start check-in in a few minutes, I was relieved! Gushing with confidence and pride that I managed to locate the international terminal and sit at the right counter! Bravo, naive me!

All my confusions, agitations came to a temporary standstill when I saw this little guy, laying peacefully on the floor, with no care in the world!



And finally, my wait was over. Cruising through all the security checks, dropping off my trolley bag, I felt a huge load vanish! And I went on to board my flight!



And with an eager mind and a heavy heart, I said, "Goodbye India!" and the flight took off!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 and Day 6: Khulja Sim Sim- a doorway to technology, final pitch presentation!

Day 4: of mock pitch, profound thinking and bizarre food!

Ni hao!